"...See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it;..." Rev 3:8

Friday 6 December 2013

Turbulence


The Lord gave me such a lovely picture this morning.

Looking out of my window while having my quiet time, I watched the tree across the road blowing in the wind.

When the wind blows in our lives the dead leaves are removed.

It is good, that when the wind blows we are supple in spirit, mind and body. When one is supple it is much easier to bend and not break, when the push comes.

Romans 12 v 2
"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

To be supple it takes stretching in that area.


And I think one of most important things when the wind blows, is to have our roots deep in Him.

Colossians 2 v 6,7
"As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving."


Psalm 1 v 3
"He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper."

WOW!!!!!!

When the Holy Spirit (Also pictured as wind - but a good Wind), moves us in any direction let us move immediately, bending to His instruction.

1 Corinthians 2 v 4
"And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and power,"




No comments:

Post a Comment