"...See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it;..." Rev 3:8

Sunday 22 September 2013

The Secret Place


On Wednesday the Lord told me twice about 'presence'. Then 
a little later in the day I read a quote from Smith Wigglesworth saying:-
"I want to live in constant conversation with God." 
I was reminded of Brother Lawrence who wrote "The practice of the
Presence of God."

These are things which we have heard teachings on for years and
have experienced too but I believe He desires 'much more' for our
relationship.

Then today the Lord walked through Psalm 91 with me, putting the cherry
on the top. Verse 1 talks about "He who dwells in the secret place" - 
that is in Him, in His presence. The blessings for remaining in Him are huge!

When the astronauts first went to the moon, they didn't just blast off
and move directly to the moon. Every ten minutes they had to adjust their
co-ordinates as they were out and often extremely out. Then they
were given a very long distance to land on the moon and when they did
land, it was right at the end of their allotted landing strip.

Even though we have given our lives over to Him and He came to 
live in us, as we focus on Him throughout the day we have to adjust our
thoughts, just like the astronauts, to check that we remain in the secret place.
Then we know that we are plugged in to the Master, to receive and
in turn be the vessel He can flow through, to love and encourage all we meet.

John 15 v 5
""I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me,
and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.""



No comments:

Post a Comment