"...See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it;..." Rev 3:8

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Perspective



Could it be as simple as that?

I think a huge part of our day can be changed by simply changing our perspective!

I was listening to a pod-cast yesterday. A gentleman called Andy Andrews (andyandrews.com) was speaking on this topic. He gave a few examples from a gentleman that he knew called Jones, which I would like to share as they made such sense!

He said, "We don't 'have' to look after these kids - we 'get' to. There are so many people out there, that would love to have children and for some reason can't. We don't 'have' to mow the lawn - we 'get' to. There are people out there who would love to have a home with a lawn to mow. We don't 'have' to go to work - we 'get' to. How many people out there would love to have a job?




I was very touched by this. It can be implemented into every part of our day.

I don't 'have' to - I 'get' to.

Philippians 4 v 8
"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things."


I 'get' to love and have a relationship with God (Ruler of the WHOLE universe) - Wow!!! What an honour!!!!

2 comments:

  1. love the pictures you post!! indeed this is true what you write - so many times when i've changed how i thought about something or revised what i believed something was, it changed my heart. Please keep sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Em. I love you. xxx

    ReplyDelete